The American Land Title Association (ALTA) Best Practices
The American Land Title Association (ALTA) is a trade association for the abstract and title insurance industry. Its members include title insurance companies and agents nationwide. The organization strives to protect homebuyers, property owners and mortgage lenders by upholding high standards of professionalism. Those standards are articulated in the ALTA Best Practices, which are revised regularly to keep up with regulatory and industry changes.
The central pillars of the 2015 Best Practices address the following issues:
- Licensure with applicable state and regulatory agencies
- Escrow fund accounting and procedures to ensure that clients’ funds are safeguarded
- Privacy policies to protect clients’ personal information
- Closing procedures to ensure that the proper documents are in place for real estate transactions
- Title policy procedures to effectuate timely delivery and reporting
- Professional liability and fidelity coverage adequate to cover errors or omissions
- Procedures for addressing consumer complaints, including logging and resolving complaints
Our Commitment to Upholding High Standards
At Norma Echarte & Associates, we embrace ALTA’s Best Practices in all aspects of our practice, including our title services. Our goal is to serve clients across South Florida with the utmost degree of professionalism. We handle all types of residential and commercial transactions. The firm’s founder, lawyer Norma Echarte, has 20-plus years of real estate experience and has completed nearly 3,000 closings. Ms. Echarte is also a Vetted Closing Professional and a Secure Settlements Registered Agent.We are deeply committed to upholding high standards for professionalism and ethics, including ALTA’s 2015 Best Practices. Attorney Norma Echarte is both an experienced legal professional and approved title agent for major underwriters. Ms. Echarte remains up to date on the latest industry standards. She anticipates completing her certification in ALTA’s Best Practices during 2015.
Learn More During a Free Consultation
For more information about our real estate law and title services, please call 305-501-2844 or reach out to us online. There is no charge for the initial consultation. Based in Miami, we also have satellite offices in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale.